Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ScenicView Academy


This is me working at ScenicView Academy's Greenhouse. I worked there from 2004 to 2006. I enjoyed working there and taking care of the plants. I like to plant and to garden. I really like this photo of me.
ScenicView Academy is a school for people with learning disabilities. People with LD can learn and grow but it takes them a long time and in different ways. People with LD don't have an Intellectual Disability. Many people have thought that I had ID because I have a LD and I have a speech problem. But I don't have ID, I just have a LD called Asperger's Syndrome.
I have been with SVA (ScenicView Academy) for nine years now. When I first got there it was really small and I was the sixth student that entered SVA. I was among the first pioneers of SVA. SVA opened for the first time in 2001. SVA was concieved by a mother who had a son with LD and she wanted to help her son by starting up SVA. I won't tell who she was because her and her husband wanted to be anonymous and that's how far I will mention of them. I have been blessed to be part of SVA, which I'm very grateful for. I have met a lot of wonderful people there and a lot of friends. A lot of people came and went from SVA through out the years and I miss some of them a lot. Also over the years I have seen a lot of changes to SVA. When I first got there, there was only one building with a green roof and a dead orchard by it. Now there are alot of buildings and the dead orchard has been cut down by SVA staff and students a long time ago. From 2001-2006 I was a student living on SVA campus. Then from 2006-2010 I was a day student living off campus. Now I'm a follow up student that only goes to SVA for life coaching and therapy. That is my experience with SVA in a nutshell. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment